Children and young people

I have over thirty years experience working with children and adolescents in secondary schools and private practice. Younger people often do not have the vocabulary to express their feelings so I utilise the arts, scenarios and music to help them to talk about what is happening in their lives.

By helping children and adolescents to have thoughtful and reflective conversations about their life experiences can help them to overcome their difficulties and experience a more positive outlook on life.

Research indicates that mental health difficulties often start in early life and that 50% of lifetime mental illness starts by the age of 14.

 

Statistically a mere 30% of children and adolescents receive any intervention which means the remaining 70% struggle with their emotional turmoil into adulthood facing depression and anxiety.

Penny Wicks | 07749 254638

swalecounselling@outlook.com

Swale Counselling with Penny Wicks 2020

BACP registered member 156142